The CASE (Culture and Sport Evidence) database is "a unique and comprehensive resource for those working in culture and sport".
It currently holds over 12,000 studies from across the CASE sectors (sport, arts, heritage, museums, galleries, libraries and archives), undertaken internationally and within the UK. The database acts as a one-stop-shop for research in the culture or sporting fields. It also provides policy makers with access to all available research on a given topic, enabling evidence informed decisions which are based on all published research, minimising the risk of bias. The database was last updated in April 2012 and includes items published up to 31 March 2012.
The CASE site lists:
- CASE database - over 12,000 studies on engagement in culture and sport, in an online, searchable database
- drivers, impacts and value work - research and evidence on engagement in culture and sport
- Local culture and heritage profile tool - source of local information, culture and heritage data for better investment and cultural planning decisions
- Local sport profile tool - collecting data on sporting participation and provision to help local councils
- regional and local insights data - a guide for mapping local culture and sport assets
- mapping asset guidance - guidance to help develop better knowledge of local supply of culture and sport for better planning
An open access version is available via the Institute of Education.
Some of the data has been republished at https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/regional-and-local-insights-data
Used In Anger
This section is for detailing any prototypes made with this data. We haven't found any examples yet: let us know if you've made something.
This section is the technical stuff: for a developer audience. Feels like a readme
The Data / Librarian / Metadata / Database bit
- CC0 - Creative Commons Zero
- PD - Public Domain
- CC-BY - Creative Commons Attribution
- CC-BY-NC - Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- CC-BY-SA - Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike
- CC-BY-NC-SA - Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike
12,634 entries to April 2012
Unclear: nothing is marked with copyright or license terms, but is published by the DCMS so may be under OGL
Is this article out-of-date? Update it via GitHub.